Thursday, August 22, 2013

PEARL DIVE OYSTER PALACE


Crazy identity crisis name aside (who are you? A dive bar? A chinese restaurant? YOU MAKE MY BRAIN HURT) this was a boisterous seafood shacky restaurant in the rapidly gentrifying 14th Street area. I gently persuaded my companions that they had to try the oysters (OK, maybe forced. Yielding a threatening dull edged butter knife. What asians don't eat oysters?) and I think they "enjoyed" the experience more so for the plethora of dipping sauces than the actual taste of the oyster. I ordered the C.E.B.L.T (catfish, egg, bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich) and while I understand the bacon here is singular there should always be more than one slice. Always. Every single bite should be exploding with bacon flavor. And it wasn't.

But I still ate it all.

Pearl Dive Oyster Palace
1612 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009
(202) 319-1612

No comments:

Post a Comment